Country Estate de Moeren
In 1545, Jan Snellen, Lord Mayor of Breda, bought the first peat concessions in the Beneden Moeren. In 1810 one of his descendants Govert van der Hoeven, built a classicistic country house with French and English style influences. The bell tower dated 1663 is very special, it comes from the Court of Wernhout which was dismantled in 1799. It had been one of the highest courts in the Southern Netherlands. Also have a careful look at the farm behind the Moeren “Out Huyse” from 1821 and the farm opposite, the “Kleine Anker “ dated 1673.
The country estate lies along the Rucphenseweg and can be visited with a guide. Ask for possibilities.
For more information visit the website of Landgoed de Moeren www.demoeren1818.eu